Friday, June 11, 2010

Politics ruins everything

There's nothing that can survive the oily, diseased reach of politics. Like religion, politics only serves to destroy or ruin anything it touches.

I just found out that the actor that played my favorite character, Murdoch, in the old A-Team television show is a Republican. He even has his own conservative radio show, Howling Mad Radio. Granted, I haven't listened to it, and I'm loathe to judge something I haven't experienced (aww, who am I kidding? I love judging things I haven't tried! Why do you think I went Evangelical Christian in my teen years?), but the thought of one of the beloved TV characters from my childhood spewing Republican talking points makes me kind of ill.

I guess I'll have to check out one or two of his podcasts, but I'm sort of afraid to. I don't want to taint one of my favorite childhood memories that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment