Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

It is now officially 12:03 PST, so happy 2011!

The last three days at work were hell, thanks to what looks like a problem with our antivirus solution and Windows terminal server 2003. What was supposed to be three work days that I could use to enjoy the World of Warcraft expansion cap level raise to level 85 turned into five days of work (fifteen hours on Thursday - yay!) compressed into three.

It was almost enough for me to start pushing for some version of Linux instead of Windows - But I'm not a complete idiot.

Anyways, welcome to the year 2011, almost two thousand and twenty-three years after Zombie Jesus claimed he'd come back to claim the Earth as his kingdom. Ironically, 2010 turned out to be the year that one of the "prophets" that came to my church back in the early 1990s passed away. This prophet had stated that Jesus would return before he died, that this generation was the "chosen generation". (Why that would turn out to be the lazy, increasingly nonreligious Generation X I grew up as a member of, I'll never know.) I guess he was a false prophet that we should have stoned to death, if he weren't already dead.

Umm, where was I? Oh, yes: Happy two thousand and eleven!

No comments:

Post a Comment