Monday, September 6, 2010

Beer Is Life

This weekend I kegged my Oktoberfest/Altbier and set it in the fridge for cold conditioning. I can't wait to have some friends over to share it over some Bavarian sausage, sauerkraut, and schnitzel at a little home-spun Oktoberfest celebration!

I also racked my India Pale Ale from primary to secondary, dry hopping it with 28g of Cascade pellets. It's going to be quite good, but I want to see if I can let it age for at least a month in the keg before tapping into it. Sadly, it looks like it's going to be more of a North American IPA style and not as much like Bass as I was hoping. I think I might try picking up one of the Coopers or Muntons Pale Ale kits and hacking it with British hops and a couple of those enhancement kits to turn in into a 6+% hoppy mess of an IPA.

At any rate, I also fired up my Pilsner and Munich Dark Ale kits yesterday. Gotta get the fall brew schedule up and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment