Monday, August 23, 2010

Shenanigans and Goings-On

I feel kind of guilty because not only have I been neglecting my own blog, but I haven't been able to dedicate the amount of time that I'd like to in order to join Jason, Stephanie, George, and the rest of the crew in responding to the nonsense claims of some astrologists. They're approaching the five hundred comment mark, and with me missing the last couple of hundred posts, it's going to take me a couple of hours to catch up, with what the current conversation is. Not to mention the time I'm going to need to actually investigate the raping of reality and reason that I'm certain the astrology supporters are engaging in.

Unfortunately, joining the fray is going to have to wait - I have an India Pale Ale that needs starting (I have a 2L WYeast 1098 yeast starter bubbling away for it right now), an Oktoberfest that requires racking from primary to secondary, and a Cream Ale that should be kegged. Well, from the representation that the skeptic side of the conversation has, I'm willing to wager the only thing that I'll be able to supply that is missing thus far would be my not-so-unique brand of snark. Oh well - to the brew kitchen!

Update: Brew day is complete! Now that my beer supply is on its way to being replenished (I still need to drop off my Cream Ale keg for cold conditioning, and to pick up a Pilsner kit), maybe I can head over to Lousy Canuck for some brain-cell destruction at the hands of the Funky Fraud and his rubes, er - I mean, "followers"!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sinned,
    Raise one for me buddy, I wish I were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely shall! I've got to polish off the last liter or two of Honey Blonde Ale so I can make some Cream Soda for the wife's family who'll be visiting Labour Day weekend.

    FYI: I always have beer on tap in the kegerator if you're in the area!

    I'll also be wending my way through your Polaris post tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the record, I would have much preferred to spend every second I had wasted on trying to coax a real argument out of these charlatans, pounding back homebrews. You made the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you should say that, Jason, because that is the biggest reason I didn't feel that bad for not joining in fully on the conversation. I had a look at the first few hundred of the 500-odd comments, and had this gut feeling nothing much was going to come of the conversation. Replenishing the volume of my homebrew beer seemed a better investment of my time!

    When I'm done with the two huge projects I have at work, my mom's pig roast on the Labour Day weekend, and other personal issues ongoing lately, I'll pour through the rest of the comments and see if there are some other ways I can make fun of the astrologists that you skeptics may have missed.

    ReplyDelete